Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Gear Review - Ka-bar hobo classic knife combo

I'd been wanting an all-in-one knife/fork/spoon combo for a while. I used to have a cheap plastic one when I was a kid, so I got to thinking about how I'd like one when camping now. So, I started searching around online for something. A few companies make different kinds, and Ka-bar makes several 'hobo' versions. The classic version is the best, in my opinion. It comes apart, so you can use the fork, knife, and spoon separately. There is another version that does not detach each item, but in my opinion, it's best to be able to use each utensil separately.

I found mine for a good price on ebay. It comes with a sheath, and is stainless steel. A great way to replace all your separate eating utensils.
Andrew Fulks

No comments: